Thursday, December 27, 2007

I'm Back

Merry (belated) Christmas!

I'm back from my internet-less ski trip, which wasn't fun since I was able to watch the Suns lose to the Lakers (again), and the announcers kept saying that the Lakers were a better all-round team and would win in a series (playoffs?). The Suns play the Clippers today, it's not a big game, so I won't do quarterly reports. I'll do a recap and preview.

PREVIEW SUNS/CLIPPERS

Let's hope the Suns can at least go .500 against the LA teams. They're looking to bounce back from a disappointing defeat at the hands of the Lakers. Although Kobe was huge, I think the deciding factor was Andrew Bynum who ran loose for a career-high 28 points. The Clippers have Chris Kaman who can be just as dangerous (number 3 rebounder in NBA). They don't have Elton Brand and their closest thing to Kobe is Corey Maggette, so I think the Suns will bounce back to win this one 128-113. As for my awful player predictions, Alando Tucker gets to play a few minutes and scores 6, and Shawn Marion, Stoudemire, and Nash put up huge double-doubles in their obvious categories. In their previous Nov. 23 meeting, the big 3 did put up double-doubles, with Marion breaking loose for 21 pts, 17 reb, 5 stl, and 2 blks. Kaman and Ruben Patterson put up double-doubles for the Clippers, but they have since then released Patterson.

In Yankee world and the rest of baseball, the Yankees lost out on Mark Prior who with the Padres for 1-year $1 million with incentives to make it a possible $4.5 million. The Twins have backed off on their Santana trade demands, no longer wanting Kennedy. I'm still not a big fan of his, though. He struggled a bit last year (compared to his others) and he could be declining. I would rather have Phil Hughes in the long run. Clemens is still denying his steroids. I'm actually starting to believe him. If he did do it, he's screwed because he would be lying all over the place and he could get the Pete Rose treatment (banned from Hall of Fame). I think he's going as far as he is because he knows he's innocent.

No comments: